Tips for getting college scholarships in 2023
How to get yourself college scholarships
Can you believe students miss out on $100 million in free money every single year?! That’s right, free money. You’ve probably seen news stories about the student loan crisis, and debates about how much the government can help students get out of debt. The student loan crisis is because young people are on the hook to pay back tens of thousands of dollars, whether or not they find solid employment.
Scholarships are available for all types of students!
These are the most common scholarship categories:
- Merit. Based on grades, demonstrated leadership, and other high-achieving accomplishments.
- Athletic. Based on sports skills or potential.
- Need. Based on financial hardship, personal struggles, and other challenges.
- Community. Based on volunteer efforts or other positive contributions.
- Employer. Distributed to family members of employees of an organization.
The money comes from a variety of sources, including universities, the federal government, state governments, and outside groups like businesses or non-profits. Each scholarship has its own rules and application process, but it’s always a good idea to ask the provider for clarification any time you need it.
Here’s a short video helping to form a framework to get through college without any debt!
Here are some secrets to finding scholarships that other students aren’t necessarily looking for.
Finally, you need to exercise some caution when digging through scholarship opportunities. There are scammers out there. This video will help you spot the legitimate opportunities and ignore the scams.